Hi! I’m Paula, the owner of City Lights Make-up Artistry and the hair and make-up artist at the Bedhead Boudoir Studio.
I have the best job in the world: watching women transform into sexy divas before my eyes with a little help from my hair and make-up brushes.
I have 10+ years experience and I guarantee you amazing hair and make-up for your boudoir photo session and also a fun and stress-free experience. I am looking forward to seeing you at the studio!
Every photo shoot at the Bedhead studio includes professional hair styling, make-up and lashes. This will ensure that your photos have an amazing polished look!
Here is everything you need to know about getting ready for your hair and make-up at the Bedhead studio:
BEFORE YOUR SHOOT
• Collect hair and make-up inspiration pictures. This will help us to create exactly the look you want! Our signature style is a subtle smoky eye, but we can do anything from super natural to super glam! We love it when clients bring in a hair and make-up Pinterest board!
• Wash, tone and exfoliate your skin. You may even consider getting a facial!
• Get your eyebrows shaped. We recommend threading because it causes the least amount of skin irritation. If you do wax, plan to have it done at least 48 hours before your photo session to avoid irritation.
• Remove peach fuzz from your face. The make-up that we use at the studio can sometimes accentuate tiny facial hairs in your images. We recommend removing facial hair with threading or by simply running a disposable razor lightly over your face (just be careful not to nick any blemishes). Don’t worry, your hair will NOT grow back thicker if you shave it – that is a myth!
• Have your hair trimmed and colored so that you’re ready for our signature styling! Wash your hair the night before or the morning of your shoot. Make sure that your hair is completely dry when you arrive at the studio.
THE DAY OF YOUR SHOOT
• Drink lots of water. This will help your skin look hydrated and supple.
• Come to the studio with a clean face and no make-up on (be especially sure that you have removed all of your eye make-up from the night before!).
• Bring any specific products that are a “must” for you, such as a particular lip product or mascara. If you like to wear eyeliner on your waterline, you may want to bring your own personal eyeliner.
• Let us know if you have any allergies or sensitivities to make-up products.
• Arrive on time for your photo session. You do not need to arrive early, as we may be with another client. Your hair and make-up application will take about 90 minutes. and includes full camera-ready make-up, lashes and our signature hair style. Make sure you finish up all of your errands (getting coffee, brushing your teeth, etc) before your appointment time so that you’re ready to hop in the chair as soon as you arrive!
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. We’re here to help!
We can’t wait to have you here in the studio!